the story so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the story so far...

on wednesday the 30th May 2001 i got back from being out all night, no sleep, i was in a strange place emotionally & slightly wasted but in a moment of clarity i had a vision of the main thing i wanted to achieve. a music project that would be unlike any other. an arcane of violence & serenity. a wreck under a fallen sky. an angel without wings. lucid guitars, lost vocals, cutting percussion & ambient samples. i knew i had the perfect name for this project already...
    Last edited by edann; 28-07-2012, 17:32.
    There is no escape — we pay for the violence of our ancestors.
    sigpic

Re: the story so far...

...i started writing & recording straight away although i knew it would take me a very long time to get to the level where i could achieve what i really wanted. firstly i totally banned myself from using powerchords & verse chorus verse, not because i wanted to limit myself but so i wouldnt end up sounding like 90 percent of the other alternative style artists i was already so sick of. i wanted to be as orignal as possible, although to be honest i guess every chord sequence, most melodies & most non ridiculous beats have already been used, so it was about applying something different & working around ideas to get something fresh yet still exciting, addictive (without being sickly) & majestic enough that it makes people spines shiver & instantly attach their emotions to the vibe & soundscapes i was trying to create, like how people & places & situations can touch your soul in ways you cant ever explain & the feeling gets locked in to your memory with music you were listening to during that time...
    Last edited by edann; 28-07-2012, 17:32.
    There is no escape — we pay for the violence of our ancestors.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X