Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By Air Mail

BY AIR MAIL

By Air Mail formed in late 2006 from the ashes of The Concorde Agreement and Capitol Hill, when Jack Anderson (guitar/vocals) and Stu Calder (drums) got fed up with not being in a band. They quickly enlisted Kate Fleet (bass) and the line-up was complete. The group's style of alternative indie rock mixed with catchy pop riffs has seen them gain a name for themselves on the local scene and receive airplay from local radio stations, including the BBC Essex Introducing show.

A two-song demo was recorded at the end of May 2007, which came out sounding great, much to the pleasure of all in the band. Since then, By Air Mail has played well-received gigs at the The Pier Music Venue in Clacton with Chunky Ate A Bee, The U2007 Music Festival in Saffron Walden, the Portland Arms in Cambridge with American indie-rock heroes Textbook and some superb gigs in Braintree.

2008 promises to be their best year yet: January and February are booked solid with gigs all over Essex and London, an E.P. is scheduled for release in conjunction with schizoacoustic recordings in March and, with more gigs to follow, the future looks exciting for By Air Mail.

BY AIR MAIL
    And if you don't like it then hey fuck you!
    Get the fuck out of my face!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: BY AIR MAIL

Hey, as you may have noticed things are a little quiet on the news front right now and our all our future shows are off the board... unfortunately due to illness and other influences we’re now on an indefinite hiatus. I can’t say when or if we’ll back right now.

Thanks to all that supported us, gave us gigs, played us on their radio shows, put us on their CDs and generally said nice things about us to date. Without you, we wouldn’t be the band we are.

Thanks and maybe we’ll see you in the future.
    And if you don't like it then hey fuck you!
    Get the fuck out of my face!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Re: BY AIR MAIL

sad news indeed, i hope all is well for all you guys! and i hope we aint seen the last of you at all! yall rock the house!!
      Christopher, The Saunders

sigpic

Comment

Re: By Air Mail

man u guys cant split. that wud suck. i'll do ya vocals. gimme the words and hum me the tune.blake
        piss flaps

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X